Question about Gmail

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have an account and I really like it. I just have two problems though which Gmail help won't really help me with:

1. Is it possible to delete only part of a conversation, or do I have to keep every single message in the conversation?

2. Is it possible for Gmail to display HTML e-mails? I subscribe to the Apple and Washington Post e-mail newsletters. Both have a lot of pictures that don't show up on Gmail since it only lets you download pictures. Can I change this option?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Most e-mails with inline images that I see have a tag until the sender's e-mail that says:

Quote:

External images are not displayed. Display external images

\t

Not sure if that's what you're looking for.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

Most e-mails with inline images that I see have a tag until the sender's e-mail that says:

Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

I have looked all over and I can't find the "display external images" option anywhere. Could you give me specifics on where it would be? Thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dferigmu

I have looked all over and I can't find the "display external images" option anywhere. Could you give me specifics on where it would be? Thanks!

This is what I get on a Mactopia newsletter... I'll have to forward an Apple e-mail over to g-mail to see if it does the same thing.

Edit: On forwarding an Apple e-mail I get ~48 attachments of images underneatth the e-mail text... is that what you're getting? I'm not sure if my situation is because I'm forwarding it.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by dferigmu

I have an account and I really like it. I just have two problems though which Gmail help won't really help me with:

1. Is it possible to delete only part of a conversation, or do I have to keep every single message in the conversation?

open de specific message. Upper right somewhat, it says 'Show Options' then 'trash this message'

the rest will stay, just that one message will be deleted
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

Edit: On forwarding an Apple e-mail I get ~48 attachments of images underneatth the e-mail text... is that what you're getting? I'm not sure if my situation is because I'm forwarding it.

It's weird. I don't get a "display external messages" option or attached images underneath the e-mail.

I really don't get it. Could it be that I forwarded the e-mail from my primary e-mail account?