Help! iTunes will only play one song at a time!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My mate posted this over at iPod Lounge, said I would also post it here for him as we need this sorted for tonights New Years Party....

Help! iTunes will only play one song at a time!

Hello all,

I am using iTunes for Windows XP, and am having problems getting it to play more than one song at a time.

In both library, and in any playlist, once a song has finished playing, iTunes simply stops and won't move down to the next song in the list. It doesn't freeze or anything, or crash. It just stops. This is a real problem for me, as I was hoping to use it tonight (in about 4 hours) to run party music from. Hitting skip forward, or selecting "Next Song" from the controls menu does the same thing.

I have tried turning shuffle on and off, and repeat all on and off, all to no effect. It simply stops after each song, until another song is double clicked.

Can anyone help me out, to get it to play properly?

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question with an obvious fix, but I'm new to iTunes.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Have you accidentally unchecked all of the little check boxes next to your songs?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Yeah, he had. He just figured it out.

Thanks. I have already laughed at him.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ha, when i read the title, i thought why would you play 2 songs at the same time?.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

ha, when i read the title, i thought why would you play 2 songs at the same time?.

Haha, thats what I was thinking!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Thank you! I have spent two days with itune help trying to figure this out.