Safari, autofill and credit card numbers!!

:-):-)
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi

I was just filling out an order online, and when I started writing my credit card number Safari willingly offered to complete it for me, needless to say I would like to not have this feature... I have autofill turned on and I like not having to write my address etc. all the time, so now I unchecked the "others" in the autofill pref pane - will this suffice? and do I need to delete the cache or something in order to have Safari "forget" my credit card number?

thanks

:-)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by :-)

Hi

I was just filling out an order online, and when I started writing my credit card number Safari willingly offered to complete it for me, needless to say I would like to not have this feature... I have autofill turned on and I like not having to write my address etc. all the time, so now I unchecked the "others" in the autofill pref pane - will this suffice? and do I need to delete the cache or something in order to have Safari "forget" my credit card number?

thanks

You could test it, you know.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    :-):-) Posts: 110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

You could test it, you know.

Doh... I did, and it worked, but it still doesn't answer whether my card number is in one of the cache files...

• Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by :-)

Doh... I did, and it worked, but it still doesn't answer whether my card number is in one of the cache files...

Cache Out X will delete all possible caches and vaporise your card number.