Recommended LCD for Mac Mini

eyyeyy
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am ordering a Mac Mini to replace my clunky PC - another 'Switcher'! I had hoped that Apple would have included an optional matching LCD and keyboard set with the Mini but I guess you can't have everything.

Any reccommedations on a LCD display for the Mini? I am looking at spending around $400USD - as I'm on a budget.

Preferably a 17" but I will consider a 15".

Cost is my main concern but asthetics is important too.

I was looking at the Philips 170B5CS/00 (see link).

Any suggestions?

TIA

Philips LCD Link

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    On another thread I asked the same question and I had the SAMSUNG 172X-Silver 17" LCD Monitor recommended to be - and it looks mighty fine. Really slim, hidden cable system, and no Samsung logo on the bezel to detract from the Apple look!

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...001-146&depa=0

$429 but you might be able to find it under $400 if you shop around maybe.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    May be a little out of your budget, but maybe the Samsung 172X.

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch...=done&nextloc=
  • Reply 3 of 8
    eyyeyy Posts: 2member
    The Samsung looks quite nice - however I don't live in the US (New Zealand) and that particular model is not available - at least within my price range. Any thing similar or any other suggestions?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Where do you live?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Wow. Samsung LCDs are really expensive in NZ it seems. The Phillips seems like a good buy on paper, though I don't know what the reviews are like on it.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Does anyone know a good site that reviews monitors?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Eyy, check out www.pricespy.co.nz for the best price on everything (except Mac's of course!) I have a CMV CT-720D (current $425 NZD) They are white and silver and would match a Mac mini perfectly, and have excellent contrast and brightness.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    $400 after rebate for a 19in Viewsonic, silver/black so it kind of matches the mini...kind of.

Also check Dell's small business store, lots of very good LCD on sale right now. Make sure it is DVI though.