24 season 4

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Who's been watching? What do you think so far?

I love the convience store robbery scenes. I also think that the mother of the Araz family may be one of the coldest bitches in TV history.

Does anyone know if they're still using the Mac vs PC clue to identify the good guys from the bad guys? I haven't noticed any Macs yet on the show. I thought I saw some new Apple cinema displays but not sure on that. I know Driscoll was using a Dell Monitor and the Araz family had a PC.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    I missed the first half but I like it anyway. Are they repeating it soon? I got into this show last year and now want the DVDs.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    I would think they would do the repeats soon, just don't know when. They usually do it on a 'special night'.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    they used to do repeats later in the week on FX but aren't this year

i fvcked up and forgot to the watch the premier, so i said hello to bittorent, watched the first 4 hours on my 23 HDCD (recorded in HD)

the head of CTU is a cold bitch too
  • Reply 4 of 13
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    24 take four - they should call it 96, or maybe 24^4
  • Reply 5 of 13
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    This is season 4 already. I saw about 2 episodes last year and couldn't stand the editing techniques and the lack-of-any-conclusions plot.

I'm only recording this season (in HDTV nonetheless) for my brother, who only likes it because of his girlfriend, who likes it because she and the Chloe character share the same name. Either of them have yet to watch anything. Go figure.

Well, its not like I was using that empty hard drive space for something else.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

Who's been watching? What do you think so far?

it sucks. a lot. sorry....
  • Reply 7 of 13
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Eh, sorry no one likes it. It's just mindless pop-television. I liken it to a rollercoaster ride. Ups and Downs, fast and exciting, no deep meaning, so don't bother looking for it. I'm surprised that no one here is watching it.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    My wife watched the premiere and is now hooked. I can't get beyond over-analyzing all the characters' actions and thinking how completely unrealistic the whole bucking of the chain of command is. The main character is Mr. God-like Super Know-it-all Boy. Everyone else is a shill. Sorry, I can't buy that. I like CSI's formula better where a group works as a team and the underlings actually learn something from those above them. As portrayed, the CTU (or whatever) is so internally disfunctional the whole thing should collapse in a heap.

*** Spoiler Alert ***

Oh, and this last episode...

President's Underling: Having the SecDef killed by bad guys on the Web will make the USA look stooopid. We should kill him ourselves first.

Prez: Ok, that sounds good.

[Cut to SuperBoy at the kidnap site.]

Underling: There's some agent guy there now.

Prez: Blow 'em up anyway.

Puh-leeeze.

- Jasen.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I must shamefacedly admit that this is the stupidest show I always seem to end up watching.

I have the feeling that after the first season the producers decided they had a comedy on their hands and just forgot to tell anybody....

CTU! Where America's security rest in the hands of a pack of schemers, climbers, back-stabbers and terrorist moles! Nobody ever sees anything on their computer monitors because they're too busy craning their necks around to see who's talking to who and what's going on up in that little crows nest where the chief hangs out. It's like junior high with cooler hardware!

LA! Where nobody can drive or walk for more than a few minutes without being kidnapped/car-jacked/assaulted/or raped! God help you if you escape from the clutches of horrible men, because you are definitely out the of frying pan, into the absurd plot extending twist!

Torture! Always a good idea! There's no time, dammit!

Jack! Saved the world three times now and still can't get any respect! You're out of line mister! I order you to stop what your doing and let the terrorists win!

Women! Ice cold schemers, the lot of 'em! Nothing on their minds but how to fuck-over the men around them so they can get a leg up! Except for Jack's daughter, whose breasts insulated her from evil! Oh, yeah, and the weirdly irritable gal who runs the satellite imaging, or something ("I need that vector

now, dammit!

Liberals! In short supply, but we do get the whiny, adolescent, slovenly son of the Secretary of State! Oh, well, at least they're torturing the shit out of him!

National Priorities! LA about to be incinerated? President shot? Sorry, we can't slip you any satellite time/personnel/military hardware/squad of navy seals! You'll just have to make do in your converted warehouse, if you can stop bickering long enough! Well, that and Chevy Blazers for all!
  • Reply 10 of 13
    I still watch the show. But its getting old and repetitive. It is over the top at times. The office politics is really annoying. Chloe must have pms! Glad she gone. But the show still has some edge to keep me watching. Since they cast new people this season, why not go in another direction forr the show. Catch the terrorist premise is tiresome. They were at the top of their game during season 2. All those blonds. Kim where are you?

For way over the top, watch or don't watch Alias. I thought James Bond was campy. Bond has nothing on Alias. The show is unwatchable. You accept the truth as it is presented and then they yank it from under you. Turn it upside down, inside out. Nothing is as it seems. Good guys go bad. Bad guys go good. The show keeps reinventing itself. It's self-propelled by hot air. They're so ultra serious, but so preposterous.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kung Fu Guy

For way over the top, watch or don't watch Alias. I thought James Bond was campy. Bond has nothing on Alias. The show is unwatchable. You accept the truth as it is presented and then they yank it from under you. Turn it upside down, inside out. Nothing is as it seems. Good guys go bad. Bad guys go good. The show keeps reinventing itself. It's self-propelled by hot air. They're so ultra serious, but so preposterous.

The free/adware ABC game was enough to turn me off of the show.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    I started watching the DVD of season 1 over the summer. I was hooked and ended up watching all three seasons in about 2 weeks. And now im watching 4. I definatly think they are better on DVD (widescreen, no ads, no weeks wait are a real plus for shows like this).

Yes it's over the top and it's getting a little repetitive, but come on it's television. It provides an hour of entertainment once a week. The plots are crazy and very "FOX" like, but that's part of it. Come on, when half the cast gets killed off in a season, it has to be somewhat entertaining. The "real time" aspect is nothing new either, but I think they are, by far, the best at it so far. Bottom line, I hate most of the shows on TV (including CSI, Friends, Survivor, ER, Raymond), but for some reason I just got hooked into this one.

Rent season one on dvd, if you don't like it by the 3rd/4th episode then it's just not for you. Otherwise, you'll probably be hooked.

{some spoilers}

As for season 4, so far I'm enjoying it. I'm glad Kim is gone, and now it looks like Chloe is too (I hate that bitch), but I also hate that new fat guy. Anyway so far so good. (It looks like they are getting more and more money to spend too with lots more effects this season then in the past)