iphoto 5 raw handling...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
hi folks,

i exported my iphoto library into iphoto5 and everthing is working fine. however, i started to download raw files from canon 20d and it slows down my system to the point of being very annoying.

i'm on a dual 2.0 g5 with 9800 pro se mac edition. i downloaded about 20 raw images and scaling and selecting images is a drag. it takes about 1 to 2 seconds before commands respond. this doesn't seem so bad but it's for each command. select have to wait, click on it you have to wait etc....

so to manipulate each image in anyway you have to wait and makes the raw funtion almost unusable.

is anyone else using a different type of raw file with no issues? is this a canon thing? is something wrong with my setttings?

any input is appreciated.

no other issues with iphoto5 or any other application.

chung lee

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Hey, i have Oly E-1 and iPhoto doesn't even recognize it's RAW format :/
  • Reply 2 of 2
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    I'm not having big issues with RAW files from my 300D. I will admit that operations are a touch slower on RAW files compared to JPEG files, but there is extra translation that has to occur. I haven't played with RAW files on my iMac G5, just my PowerBook G4 1.25GHz so the speed difference may be negated by the G5 (and extra RAM on the G5).