Will Apple let me return my PB?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have a single burnt out pixel, just got the laptop today. Can I get a replacement for no additional cost? Anyone done this before? I looked on their websie but it didn't have any concrete answer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by BCompDude

I have a single burnt out pixel, just got the laptop today. Can I get a replacement for no additional cost? Anyone done this before? I looked on their websie but it didn't have any concrete answer.

probably not for one pixel \
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by BCompDude

oh no good luck with it... but see what you can do..! because you just got it...! \ i have learnt to always check my PowerBook/iBook/ cinema Display at the Store itself so I can reject it there and then if there is a bad pixel(s)...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

oh no good luck with it... but see what you can do..! because you just got it...! \ i have learnt to always check my PowerBook/iBook/ cinema Display at the Store itself so I can reject it there and then if there is a bad pixel(s)...

I wish I had that luxury--I don't have an Apple Store in my whole STATE. Lol. The pixel is not THAT big of a deal--I just like my BRAND NEW stuff to be completely free of defect. Oh well, if they let me replace it great, if not I'll cope.

Edit: Also. . .I didn't receive any documentation of sale (receipt etc.) with my Powerbook. . .is that normal? Do they have everything on file there?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    This is precisely the reason why I bought my iBook at Best Buy. Their 30 day return policy covers such thing.

IMHO, Apple's policy on dead/stuck pixels sucks but most disagree with my stance.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    You should have received e-mails after ordering and again right before they ship. Usually I get like 3 e-mails with the same info every time I order from Apple.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    If you bitch enough about it to Apple, they'll replace it.