Yahoo Chat: Anything Besides IE?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I used to chat in Yahoo chat rooms using Messenger on Windows. Now that I'm on OS X, the only solution that I can find for chatting in the Yahoo rooms is to log into the chat room applet with InternetExplorer. Neither Safari nor Firefox will work, despite the fact that I was able to log into chat with the Windows version of Firefox.

Has anybody found another way to do this? I don't want to use IE out of principle.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JavaCowboy

I used to chat in Yahoo chat rooms using Messenger on Windows. Now that I'm on OS X, the only solution that I can find for chatting in the Yahoo rooms is to log into the chat room applet with InternetExplorer. Neither Safari nor Firefox will work, despite the fact that I was able to log into chat with the Windows version of Firefox.

Has anybody found another way to do this? I don't want to use IE out of principle.

The web page might help you.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

The web page might help you.

Thanks. I already have it. I was talking about the chat rooms, not instant messaging on a one to one basis. Messenger for Mac doesn't allow you to directly enter chat rooms the way the Windows version does.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    http://chit.sourceforge.net/

Works well for me, probably the best solution I have found. I use Yahoo's official IM app for OS X to compliment it.