Arnold Diaz CBS news (NYC)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
(New York metro area)

Channel 2 news tonight at 11...

Arnold Diaz "Shame on you!" (local news consumer watchdog) has a gripe about iPod. I wonder... is he upset that it doesn't work with Napster? Can't wait for this one.

...to be continued

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ... battery issue.

old story.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I just want to chime in on this dead topic as a New Yorker. Local news efforts like this (CBS2) and the WB show are trash. A good bit of what is unfortunately beamed from a building as good as the Empire State is bad human interest or bad expose efforts (but those who use it do what they have to, I concede). You think Arnold Diaz or his competitors are computer literate enough to do something about this and do it right? I don't even know if the viewers remember this segment next time they see Apple jerk it out in another shuffle commercial. Let's see if they cover the improved battery lives of newer efforts from Cupertino.

Sorry, little rant over.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ikDigital

... battery issue.

old story.

Yeah, but it still sucks! Divide Apples stated time by two and that's the real battery life.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Yeah, but it still sucks! Divide Apples stated time by two and that's the real battery life.

I'm still getting eight hours on my 3G iPod
  • Reply 5 of 6
    battery life pretty much as stated for all 3 of my ipods.....
  • Reply 6 of 6
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

I thought the issue was that Li-ion batteries have a limited lifespan, not that battery life-per-charge was less than advertised. Both issues are universal, and Apple directly addressed the first over a year ago. Notably, before that whole "dead iPod" movie-and-graffiti thing.