trash issues

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have an imovie project in the trash and it won't let me empty it because it says a clip is in use. I don't have anything else for the movie saved and when i drag it out and try to open it, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    agnuke1707agnuke1707 Posts: 487member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 206amphib

I have an imovie project in the trash and it won't let me empty it because it says a clip is in use. I don't have anything else for the movie saved and when i drag it out and try to open it, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hey there,

You might try doing "secure empty trash" or if that doesn't work, restart and try empty trash and secure empty trash again. That always works for me when I have stuff that it tells me is in use.

Hope that helps.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Also, holding down option while selecting Empty Trash from the Finder menu will force an emptying, ignoring most warnings like that. Most, but not all.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 206amphib

Thanks

make sure iMovie is closed, other than this you can try the advice posted above.