tibook wireless problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a tibook (667 DVI) runnning 10.3.8. My home network runs off of a Netgear MR814 v2 router (802.11b). I've been having problems with my wireless connection, it doesn't completely drop out, but Safari has trouble connecting to some websites. Most notable is Fleet Homelink for my checking account, I'll get a "can't connect to server" error message about 5 times before it will finally connect, and then once i get through and put in my password, i'll hafta relaod the start page about 5 times before i can actually access my account info. This only doesn't seem to happen with Firefox, and my roommates Aluminum Powerbook with Airport Extreme has no such problem. I've experienced similar problems with other websites, and with iTunes, where when I try to connect to the music store, the application innnitially tells me that it canot connect. None of these problems occur when I use other wireless networks, or the wired ports on my router, and they don't seem to be problems with other computers, so I assume it is some issue with communication between the original Airport card and the specific router. Has anyone had any experience with this, or have any advice? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    My PowerBook's reception is awful compared to my sister's iBook, friends Dell, Sony and my old iMac :-(

My PowerBooks new though, I've got no idea
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jmb1115jmb1115 Posts: 11member
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the signal is very strong. This will even happen when I'm standing right next to the router.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Your problems have nothing to do with airport reception, then, but rather your DNS cache or something similar. My only advice would be to reinstall OSX (but keep all your files and settings).

Is it just a handful of sites? Or all sites?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

Your problems have nothing to do with airport reception, then, but rather your DNS cache or something similar. My only advice would be to reinstall OSX (but keep all your files and settings).

Is it just a handful of sites? Or all sites?

wouldn't a combo installer work?