Apple updates OS X page for Tiger

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I just noticed today that Apple updated it's OS X page, making Tiger more prominent and pushing Panther further down the page. The Tour is also revised and shows a few differences from the last Tour and even since the last demo Steve Jobs did.

The first thing that stood out for me is they changed the menubar again - the Apple is back to the way it used to be and the Spotlight icon is now in a blue circle.

...or maybe these changes were made awhile ago and I'm just out of the loop.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jabohn

I just noticed today that Apple updated it's OS X page, making Tiger more prominent and pushing Panther further down the page. The Tour is also revised and shows a few differences from the last Tour and even since the last demo Steve Jobs did.

The first thing that stood out for me is they changed the menubar again - the Apple is back to the way it used to be and the Spotlight icon is now in a blue circle.

...or maybe these changes were made awhile ago and I'm just out of the loop.

You're out of the loop.

The new Tiger preview happened at MWSF, along with Jobs' Tiger demo.

The circled Spotlight icon (instead of menu caps), Dashboard bar, and (hopefully still-being-tweaked) new Mail UI seem to be the most noticeable visual changes.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    The new layout is fairly new I think, but of course us mac nutjobs were all over this about 2 seconds after the changes were made. If you woke up one morning and found it changed, immediately look for the OMFG teh Tig3r is l00s3!!!!1one threads.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hobbes

You're out of the loop.

The new Tiger preview happened at MWSF, along with Jobs' Tiger demo.

The circled Spotlight icon (instead of menu caps), Dashboard bar, and (hopefully still-being-tweaked) new Mail UI seem to be the most noticeable visual changes.

I remember checking the site a few times after MWSF and also awhile later. I haven't seen the site in at least a few weeks, but this layout was so new I noticed it right away.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    I seem to recall the new Tiger preview at Apple.com right after MWSF, but perhaps it was in early February instead? Anyway, it's been there for a number of weeks now.