iBook G5

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Ok my questiong is...

what are the chances that Apple will release a G5 iBook at the same time that they release a G5 PowerBook?

(Check the poll)

--------------------------------------------

My other second question is "Why does the iBook come with Quicken '05 and AppleWorks when the PowerBook doesnt?"

i think this adds to the issue "Why buy a powerbook for 500 more when the iBook is so close to it in specs?"

-Steve

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SteveGTA

i think this adds to the issue "Why buy a powerbook for 500 more when the iBook is so close to it in specs?"

-Steve

because the iBook is crappy. the keyboard is flimsy and overall it just feels like a hunk of plastic.

i tihnk the ibook will take a long time to get to G5 because its not supposed to be a computer focused on performance. it has tons of growing room left on G4. web surfing, financing, and writing doesnt warrant a G5.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    The Powerbook is worth its price. It has several features, which lacks on the iBook (granted that the iBook is a capable machine, but there are many differences:

1) Output - I can connect my 20 inch cinema display to my Powerbook. Plus other things related to output like clamshell mode.

2) More VRAM

2) Speed - Faster processor and system bus

3) Memory - faster and more of it

4) Hard drive - faster and bigger

5) Audio input

6) Bluetooth standard

7) Available Superdrive

Quite a few reasons I think. Finally, Appleworks and Quicken 2005 are not included with the Powerbook because the Powerbook is part of Apple's professional line, so the bundled software differs from the consumer notebook, iBook. The Powerbook has QuickBooks NUE, which can be helfpul to a small business. Furthermore, GraphicConverter, OmniGraffle, and OmniOutliner are included.
  • Reply 3 of 4
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Just wanna say, WELCOME, steve. 2 the forum boards.

Must eat shuffles...*gasp*