Powerbook G4 paint peeling?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    jacksyijacksyi Posts: 12member
    I believe the Powerbook material is the same as the iPod Minis, where the the paint if applied during the anodizing process of the aluminum, which is done so that the paint doesn't come off. But I still think the aluminum for the Powerbooks are a beautiful material.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    djmbdjmb Posts: 120member
    Quote:

did you guys check that out?

i just ordered that, and the trackpad film too.

its a cover over the palm area
  • Reply 23 of 27
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by djmb

did you guys check that out?

i just ordered that, and the trackpad film too.

its a cover over the palm area

djmb, i think that is an excellent stop-gap measure for heavy powerbook users to prevent any further paint peeling, plus make one feel better in general and know that they are preserving at least *some* value of their powerbook while apple gets their sh1t together to acknowledge the problem and f8xking fix it somewhere down the line

please do report back, if and when you remove the palm protection thingy if it did really peel off without any issues and whether it did help stop the damage
  • Reply 24 of 27
    I found the website ironically from the official Apple discussion forums for the Powerbook, theres an ongoing thread about this issue there with over 100 posts. People have already bought it and said its great, so I bought it without question. The trackpad film also comes off very easily.

Apple is currently acknowleding that the problem exists, but states that is is merely a cosmetic issue and won't fix it.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:

I found the website ironically from the official Apple discussion forums for the Powerbook, theres an ongoing thread about this issue there with over 100 posts. People have already bought it and said its great, so I bought it without question. The trackpad film also comes off very easily.

Apple is currently acknowleding that the problem exists, but states that is is merely a cosmetic issue and won't fix it.

if i was an Apple dealer i think this is the best constructive approach for any understandably dissapointed PowerBook owners coming in and giving me an earful about how Apple won't fix it.. for us$20 it is a simple fix and for really really irate loyal customers, i suspect some Apple dealerships may simply give it to them free to encourage return accessory/peripheral/laptop/desktop sales down the line and avoid losing that irate customer...

it gives me hope, and i'm glad it's now doing the rounds on the Apple discussion forums...

coz i would hate to be the one at the Apple dealer or even official Apple store having to tell someone their top-of-the-range PowerBook is experiencing a 'cosmetic issue' due to 'wear-and-tear' just several months in
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Well i got my Wrist Rug today along with the trackpad film. It looks and feels great. I put the 2 apple stickers that came with my Laptop on the wrist rug where my wrists usually go, and both side of the trackpad, and it looks pretty cool.

I would recommend to everyone to get this wrist rug, I posted hte link above
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:

Well i got my Wrist Rug today along with the trackpad film. It looks and feels great. I put the 2 apple stickers that came with my Laptop on the wrist rug where my wrists usually go, and both side of the trackpad, and it looks pretty cool.

I would recommend to everyone to get this wrist rug, I posted hte link above

good stuff, some positive vibes happening to make the most of the present situation