Is Nanosaur 2 the best game ever

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    I've got about eight 500mhz iMac G3s, w/256 ram, sitting around. I've got OS X.3.8 on them. Was wondering if there any multiplayer games that would run well on them. Duke Nukem 3D, and Rainbow 6 came to mind, but I don't have Classic installed, and have no wish to. If you guys could offer up some decent, older, game ideas, that would be excellent. Thanks.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LotharSNL

I've got about eight 500mhz iMac G3s, w/256 ram, sitting around. I've got OS X.3.8 on them. Was wondering if there any multiplayer games that would run well on them. Duke Nukem 3D, and Rainbow 6 came to mind, but I don't have Classic installed, and have no wish to. If you guys could offer up some decent, older, game ideas, that would be excellent. Thanks.

StarCraft

Unreal Tournament could run ok I think.. maybe...

Quake3 will run

if I were you, go to www.insidemacgames.com and post this question in the forums there. You'll get better replies methinks.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

It all depends what kind of gaming you like.

At the end of the day it depends what your preferences are.

Yes.
    Quote:

Until a console will accept keyboard+mouse gaming for FPS games, I think of consoles as wannabe gaming systems. Not less fun, but nowhere near as "hardcore" as a well rigged PC.

Feed your PS2 some of these:

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, Guilty Gear X2#Reload, Soul Calibur 2, Contra: Shattered Soldier, Gradius V, Katamari Damacy

... and then come back and say PS2 is a wannabe gaming system and not hardcore.

I like FPS's too, but from your list the only one I have played and liked was Doom. I have mostly played various mods (TeamFortress, Gloom, ActionQuake, Counterstrike) and single player only rarely (Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Half-Life, Aliens vs Predator).