Tiger release date, anyone?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi, I tried to make it obvious from the title that I don't know but it's always fun to guess. Right so when do you think it'll be announced/released. The vote is for the both dates - I have thought it would be April since June last year but who knows! If anyone has any info then post as well! I hope this isn't too confusing - oh also, please only choose two options (a release and announcement).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 34
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    i would vote if we hadn't been discussing this forever. \
  • Reply 2 of 34
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    The casual mac fans are the lucky ones. They enjoy all the wonderful things of OS X, and then one day they notice "hey, 10.4 is out now. I'll have to order it." No worries, no waiting.
  • Reply 3 of 34
    pfresh85pfresh85 Posts: 16member
    I think I fall somewhere between a casual fan and a hardcore fan. I mean I check Mac news a few times a week, and I know about most the hardware and software. At the same time, I don't follow any of this religiously. It was only a friend of mine who I got hooked on Macs reminding me about Tiger that made me check back in here. So yea. I'm somwehre in between, as far as that goes. Now I'm starting to go back into obsessed mode, waiting and wanting Tiger as soon as I can get it.
  • Reply 4 of 34
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfresh85

I think I fall somewhere between a casual fan and a hardcore fan. I mean I check Mac news a few times a week, and I know about most the hardware and software. At the same time, I don't follow any of this religiously. It was only a friend of mine who I got hooked on Macs reminding me about Tiger that made me check back in here. So yea. I'm somwehre in between, as far as that goes. Now I'm starting to go back into obsessed mode, waiting and wanting Tiger as soon as I can get it.

I used to be a casual Mac fan, I used to go online and just see an Apple update. Now I'm online an hour before the update! Once Tiger arrives I'm set for two years at least (apart from iPods) so I'll care less about a new PowerBook etc.
  • Reply 5 of 34
    jwmjwm Posts: 15member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

i would vote if we hadn't been discussing this forever. \

Don't reply then....
  • Reply 6 of 34
    I want it now! It's been far too long! Now! Apple's hype is working!

Still running 10.2, skipped Panther, so 10.4 is more than welcome, whatever it is.

I think it's going to be either FOSE or NAB event, but if they're running 10.4 at FOSE already then it's probably FOSE.

Or something like that.
  • Reply 7 of 34
    if you guys only knew...

funny thing, i never even signed a confidentiality agreement form when i started working for Apple's UK PR firm...

i can tell you guys one thing though. One of those answers in the poll is correct
  • Reply 8 of 34
    o4blackwrxo4blackwrx Posts: 383member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Performa636CD

if you guys only knew...

funny thing, i never even signed a confidentiality agreement form when i started working for Apple's UK PR firm...

I can back him, I put all rep on the line for him, if only you guys knew.....
  • Reply 9 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by O4BlackWRX

I can back him, I put all rep on the line for him, if only you guys knew.....

Comments like these makes me feel stupid.

How can i join this secret club? ..Naahh, nevermind, just give me Tiger, I'll let the surprises join in later.
  • Reply 10 of 34
    If your girlfriend only knew...

So, hey, insiders, come on, don't be shy.
  • Reply 11 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bee Gees

If your girlfriend only knew...

So, hey, insiders, come on, don't be shy.

I have a girlfriend? Nobody seems to tell me anything. Yeah drop some hints, don't be cruel, we deserve it !
  • Reply 12 of 34
    According to AppleTalk's "reliable sources" the release date will be announced April 12th, with the release likely to be May 1st or 2nd.

See here
  • Reply 13 of 34
    I reckon Tiger will be released 2-3 weeks AFTER 10.3.9.
  • Reply 14 of 34
    mat79mat79 Posts: 40member
    the US AppleStore has currently 1-2 Days waiting for Panther, so maybe tomorrow?
  • Reply 15 of 34
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mat79

the US AppleStore has currently 1-2 Days waiting for Panther, so maybe tomorrow?

Let's hope so, in UK it's still within 24-hours.
  • Reply 16 of 34
    c2poonc2poon Posts: 38member
    Check out this article from Forbes.com on "The Week Ahead: April 11-15,"

http://www.forbes.com/management/200...ahoo&referrer=

Perhaps April 13th could be the date Tiger is announced? That is also the day when the new Yorkdale mall expansion opens here in Ontario Canada. Yorkdale mall is also the site of Canada's first Apple store (Although I have no idea if the Apple store will open on that day).
  • Reply 17 of 34
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    I'd be super surprised if they don't announce something before their financial report. If they don't, and they reiterate this "by end of June" bullshit, I can only conclude that something went wrong.
  • Reply 18 of 34
    I forget, does the server version usually come out at the same time or does it come out later?
  • Reply 19 of 34
    is it me or does it look like Tiger will not be out until after June?

From the "Meet the engineers who are creating Tiger." email I just got from apple:

"WWDC 2005 is your chance to get hands-on experience with Mac OS X Tiger and other cutting-edge Apple technologies while working side by side with Apple engineers."

but then they go into past tense:

"Meet the Tiger engineering team.

Come to WWDC and talk with the engineers who created the world's most advanced operating system:"
  • Reply 20 of 34
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    You forgot, "I'm not sure I care."

I'm sure it's going to be great but I don't see anything I realy need in it.