Jerky Scrolling in browsers

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi there, I have noticed that camino, firefox and safari dont really scroll the way id like, its as if they are playing catchup with the scrollbar if you know what I mean, I have tried various methos including scrolling speed , smooth scrolling etc to try and remedy this but nothing seems to work and its driving me up the wall..

PB 1.67, 128MB 9700, 1GB RAM,

Any suggestions?

Is IE any better? same hole ridden shambles as the Wintel version?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Is scrolling slow relative to your prior experience with those programs on your computer, or slow relative to your experience with Windows? I ask this because scrolling is generally slower in OS X than it is in Windows. Another problem may be the Flash plug-in for OS X. It's inefficient and may lead to low performance on sites that use it.

Internet Explorer for the Mac is way past its prime, and it's not an equivalent to the Windows version anyway. Safari was created in response to the poor browsing experience provided by IE.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ripkord

Hi there, I have noticed that camino, firefox and safari dont really scroll the way id like, its as if they are playing catchup with the scrollbar if you know what I mean, I have tried various methos including scrolling speed , smooth scrolling etc to try and remedy this but nothing seems to work and its driving me up the wall..

PB 1.67, 128MB 9700, 1GB RAM,

Any suggestions?

Is IE any better? same hole ridden shambles as the Wintel version?

How are you scrolling? Using arrow keys, mouse, what?

Grabbing the scroll bar and using the mouse I can't get it to 'get out of sync'
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ripkordripkord Posts: 78member
    yeah neither can I... I'm using the 2 finger method... weird?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by ripkord

yeah neither can I... I'm using the 2 finger method... weird?

Ahh... it might have to do with the scrolling speed, then. Scrolling with a scroll wheel in OS X felt odd until I played with the Scrolling Speed slider in the Mouse tab of the Keyboard & Mouse preference pane. Look for that setting and see if it does anything for you.