April 19th: Tiger on display for UIUC (students, faculty, etc)

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Well, I don't know if this is a big deal, but Apple is going to be doing a large presentation at UIUC on April 19th regarding specifically Tiger (on display, ready for use), along with other goodies (most likely prizes, etc). Would it be a good idea to bring along my teh camera and snap a few photos of Tiger and whatever else they're presenting?

The event is coordinated by Apple higher education representatives and the Association for Computing Machinery. It might be interesting.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I used to be involved with this sort of thing a UWisconsin. It is not really a big deal, the support engineer and salesperson for your areas come in and give a multimedia presentation and answer questions. Most of ours were centered around a keynote, but that was not an option this time.

They are not going to be giving out any big secrets, but if you are lucky they they have a nice supply of whatever t-shits they are giving out nowadays.

PS... I am hoping to hear on Monday that I am going to be back in the U support business again (once again supporting solely Macs), but this time a half contingent away form the UW (but still Big 10).
  • Reply 2 of 4
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    Yeah, I know it's not going to be anything big, but the only time I have heard about people seeing Tiger is at WWDC and whatever. I figured it's not much, but I'll let you guys know what I see.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by g3pro

Yeah, I know it's not going to be anything big, but the only time I have heard about people seeing Tiger is at WWDC and whatever. I figured it's not much, but I'll let you guys know what I see.

They have shown 10.4 builds at a number of trade shows since then, fro example there was a big government supply show in DC recently, and it was shown prominently there. Sorry to burst you bubble on that... but...

But it is still probably worth going, but you can leave your camera at home. If it was anything really worth photographing, Apple would not let you.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Karl Kuehn

They have shown 10.4 builds at a number of trade shows since then, fro example there was a big government supply show in DC recently, and it was shown prominently there.

That's what I meant by saying "and whatever".