Mac OS X Tiger question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Now, i think ill be able to do this w/ no problem after using my macs for a couple months (imac and PB) but im asking just to reinsure that my pondering is correct.

w/ the new operating system tiger, will my G4 powerbook thats about 3-5yrs old be able to handle tiger? or will there be some big problems with it b/c of the age and processor? i know my imac will handle it fine, but im just asking about the PB..

thanks, any and all advice/thoughts, ect are appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Firts off, this should probably go in Hardware.

If it has a G4, it should run fine. It can run on an iMac G3, so it should be fine. But we need some more information. What is the processor speed? How much RAM. The RAM will make the biggest difefrence in speed. Tiger now requires 256MB (Panther only needed 128MB).
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Yes, it will run just fine.

Im running Panther on a 233 iMac with 160 Mb ram. No problems whatsoever. (Okay, it is a bit slow at times..)
  • Reply 3 of 6
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I've been using Tiger on a 700 MHz G4 iMac without problems. In fact, it's been downright fun.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I've been using Tiger on a 700 MHz G4 iMac without problems. In fact, it's been downright fun.

Does all of the 'eye-candy' work?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I'm not even sure what all of the eye candy is.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    It's running fine on my Quadra 650 with a 250 MB hard drive and 32 MB of RAM.