Display Control Panel

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I do not know what happened.

I went to open my Display Control panel and nothing happens. All other panels open fine, but when I click on "Displays"... nothing changes and the windows for each monitor never appear. I tried repairing permissions, restarting, shutting down THEN restarting... nothing.

Here is what the console log says (I can't understand this stuff):

2005-04-14 12:30:04.501 System Preferences[803] Warning: TIFF image with unknown extra samples assumed to have unassociated alpha. RGB values have been premultiplied. Use tiffutil -cat to fix.

2005-04-14 12:30:04.501 System Preferences[803] Warning: TIFF image with unknown extra samples assumed to have unassociated alpha. RGB values have been premultiplied. Use tiffutil -cat to fix.

2005-04-14 12:30:15.886 System Preferences[803] *** Assertion failure in -[NSMenu itemAtIndex:], Menus.subproj/NSMenu.m:638

2005-04-14 12:30:15.886 System Preferences[803] *** NSRunLoop ignoring exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException' (reason 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: (index >= 0) && (index < (_itemArray ? CFArrayGetCount(_itemArray) : 0))') that raised during posting of delayed perform with target 149120 and selector 'setCurrentPreference:'

2005-04-14 12:31:59.869 System Preferences[803] [NSPrefPaneBundle instantiatePrefPaneObject] (/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Displays.prefPane): should only be called once

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    Do you have a background pic?

Have you run disk repair.

Try deleteing the display prefs.

Does this work for a different user?

Dobby.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Bkgnd pic - Standard, default OSX Blue swooshy-thingy

Ran Disk Repair

Deleted Pref's (at least I THINK they were the right ones)

Happened when I created new user

Running out of ideas.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I was hoping to get at least SOME suggestions... Anyone...?

I 'hate' bumping my own thread... but this is STILL not working for me. Can anyone decypher the error code...?

Thanks!

-sf
  • Reply 4 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    try changing the desktop background for each and every user to no picture at all (just a color, no graphic, not even default apple swooshy background)

restart and try open Display panel...