Airport Extreme Base and PC Intregration Woes

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Okay, here's the deal: I have two Macs in the house: G4 Powerbook and iMacG3 sharing an Internet Connection with an Airport Extreme Base Station.

I'm trying to add a PC running Win XP SP2 with a D-Link card, and the PC will NOT see the Base Station. I turned off the Windows firewall, reseated the card, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and man I'm tired of Windows. Anyone have any success with the integration scenario?

I'm so tired of trying to make the card work, I am more than willing to just go buy any card that I know would work immediately. If you have a card that you know works for sure, let me know.

Thanks,

mattyqp

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    robin hoodrobin hood Posts: 513member
    The AirPort Extreme Base Station is a standard 802.11g base station (54mbps), it is not Apple specific in any way.

As such, assuming you can access it from your Mac's in the house, there is a problem with your PC. Either the D-Link card doesn't work properly (have you made sure you have the latest drivers?), or there is another issue with Windows.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mattyqpmattyqp Posts: 26member
    Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mattyqpmattyqp Posts: 26member
    Here's an update. I think the card just died. itied to find new drivers, I fiddled with Windows, and NADA.

I bought a new card, slapped it in, and viola, all is good. Once again, thanks.