How do you view an animated GIF in Preview in Tiger?

zozo
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
there is no "Play" button anymore to view animated GIFS

WTF??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I don't believe I've *ever* seen a Play button in Preview. Every animated GIF I've ever loaded in has shown up in the pages drawer as individual frames.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    In Panther, when you customize the Preview toolbar , there is a button that says "Play"

You could play animated GIFS. It was kinda lame, but at least you had something builtin to the OS that let you view the damn things.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Well heck, I learn something new everyday. Yup, there it is. Thanks.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    oh sure... just take the info you want and leave us poor mortals groveling for the info they came here to ask and paid for!!! Gimme back my lettuce!!!

yeah... uh...
  • Reply 5 of 9
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Do you just not like opening them up with safari, or your choice of web browser?? I never knew that Preview could do this either, but I guess now that I am a Tiger user, I won't know the difference...
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

Do you just not like opening them up with safari, or your choice of web browser?? I never knew that Preview could do this either, but I guess now that I am a Tiger user, I won't know the difference...

Agreed. Use a web broswer.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

there is no "Play" button anymore to view animated GIFS

WTF??

Preview plays the animation by default in Tiger.

See Preview Help -> See All Preview Topics ->Viewing Animated GIFs.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    the gifs I tried didn't work. I just get the Drawer with each frame in it. I can only see the gif if I quickly press "next page". Sucks

And maybe a WEB browser works, but, for hell's sake, a WEB browser isn't supposed to be used to do picture browsing
  • Reply 9 of 9
    I usually drag animated gifs onto QuickTime player. I assume that still works in Tiger.