best Bluetooth Cellphones, Plans, Speed,etc

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    I sync my V525 via USB. Just pisses me off that I bought this phone (versus the more commonly available in the US V300/400) precisely because of the BlueTooth, and then I can't sync over BT and have to for over $ for a cable.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    onsync ( search macupdate ) will sync a lot of phones that isync wont. Works over bluetooth if you've got, but also USB, serial etc.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mmmpie

onsync ( search macupdate ) will sync a lot of phones that isync wont. Works over bluetooth if you've got, but also USB, serial etc.

will motorola mpx220 sync with onsync or usb cable to mac??

my choice is between moto v551 and mpx 220

where does onsync list compatible phones
  • Reply 24 of 30
    I am getting rid of Nextel this week, and switching up to AT&T/Cingular GSM. I'll be getting the SonyEricsson T637

It'll be nice to be able to use the built in Bluetooth/iSync in my PowerBook finally.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    Anyone use SprintPCS ? ... do they offer any BT phones that are iSync friendly ??

I'll need to decide what service to use when I return to the states, and this will be a huge contributing factor.

(I ask about Sprint, because I had no complaints about thier service when I used them several years ago.)
  • Reply 26 of 30
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    my friends had trouble with sprint but more due to our location. talk to people with sprint and talk with withm aabout coverage. when home it's ok in eastern KY but roaming was a chore.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by KingOfSomewhereHot

Anyone use SprintPCS ? ... do they offer any BT phones that are iSync friendly ??

I think the only easily available Sprint phones w/ BT are the Treos (600 & 650). They'll work w/ iSync (you may need the Missing Sync from Mark/Space, or not).

http://www.palmone.com/us/macintosh/
  • Reply 28 of 30
    regreg Posts: 832member
    Right now it is just the Treo's that Sprint supports for BT. If you want to sync using the data cable and "onsync" here is a list of phones that they support.

http://homepage.mac.com/antonioferra...ncdetails.html

It is a $10 shareware that works good. I just want BT that works with a Nokia 6820.

reg
  • Reply 29 of 30
    spiveyxspiveyx Posts: 3member
    Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I was wondering if anyone is using the SE P910i with iSync and Tiger.

I may consider buying one if it syncs well. I'm mostly concerned with the Address Book data (does it sync all of it, if not, how much does it sync? etc.) My Treo 650 is just not working that great with the iApp's and I really need a smartphone solution works reliably on my mac.

Any thoughts?
  • Reply 30 of 30
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I think this thread should be sticky. Phones and plans are constantly evolving.

I need to get a new phone and obviously I want all the bluetooth bells and whistles. Syncing is a far bigger priority than a built-in 2 megapixel camera.

I currently am using Cingular (AT&T until the merger) and in the bay area they've been kind of shady. Getting a cingular rep to be specific about the speed and availability of the network require some prying.

At this point I don't feel like plunking down major bucks for a Sony Ericsson S710 or a Razr V3. Any recommendations?