Any cool Powerbook accessories?...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi guys.

I bought a Powerbook not too long ago and with my birthday coming up, my sister wants to get me something, but wants to know what i want.

The only thing I can think of is something for my Powerbook.

I was looking into those Crystal View display sheets that go over the screen to make it more vibrant, and also a wrist rug.

I just want to know what else is out there thats "cool" yet functional.

I already have a case and a mouse to use with the Powerbook (15" version).

I was thinking maybe some portable external speakers, a stand that the laptop sits on, or a firewire PVR device (portable though, nothing huge and bulky).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Hi,

I realy like my iCurve. Also check this thread:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...owerbook+stand
  • Reply 2 of 11
    i also, like the icurve; and with the wireless mouse and keyboard, its spiffy i was also thinking about getting one of those lights that shine on the keyboard, b/c i sometimes like using my laptop at night/in the dark and i dont have a lit up keyboard so i was thinking about getting one of those lights for the keyboard other then that, i dont know what else thats neat for the powerbook, havnt done much looking into it.. but i was thinking maybe i should start looking for my bday as well...

happy birthday slick
  • Reply 3 of 11
    slickslick Posts: 34member
    that icurve looks mighty cool, i wonder if i should go head and get the wireless keyboard/mouse to go with it?

btw, thanks ragingloogie

even though i have a case, are there any special fit cases for the 15" Powerbook? i have a samsonite, and its nice, but the laptop is a little loose fitting in the case, something that hugs the laptop would be nice.

since i bought my sister a digital camera, she wants to get me something of equal amount (i told her that the crystal view thing was enough).

so far, she wants to get me the crystal view, wrist rug, AND icurve, and she wants me to pick one more thing.

other than those really expensive brenthaven or whatever cases, what else is nice out there?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    ichiban_jayichiban_jay Posts: 660member
    How well does the iCurve keep the laptop cool? It looks nice but if it can keep the laptop from turning on its fan like the fan cool pad I have I will buy it right now.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    i bet it does a good job of keeping it cool, it can only help air circulation with the bottom not against a surface.

i found some cool case, www.booqbags.com, but they are expensive. i might have to save up and buy one myself, cant make my sister buy one of those.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by slick

that icurve looks mighty cool, i wonder if i should go head and get the wireless keyboard/mouse to go with it?

btw, thanks ragingloogie

even though i have a case, are there any special fit cases for the 15" Powerbook? i have a samsonite, and its nice, but the laptop is a little loose fitting in the case, something that hugs the laptop would be nice.

since i bought my sister a digital camera, she wants to get me something of equal amount (i told her that the crystal view thing was enough).

so far, she wants to get me the crystal view, wrist rug, AND icurve, and she wants me to pick one more thing.

other than those really expensive brenthaven or whatever cases, what else is nice out there?

i have a targus saddle bag for my 15" and for the slot that holds the laptop has a lil thing thats a adujustable for the size laptop one has.. it also has 2 other compartments that can hold other things, books, calculators, and in the front compartment has pockets where i carry extra wires and teh charger.. and also a lil thing where i can keep flash drives, my bluetooth adapter, ect.. its neat.. it forfills its purpose.. it also has 2 exterior pockets, one on the flap. and one on the back... which i also like.. it suites for wha ti need it for.. so its cool take care
  • Reply 7 of 11
    ahh, targus, a nice brand i totally forgot about, thanks for that.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

ahh, targus, a nice brand i totally forgot about, thanks for that.

I got myself the Brenthaven bag for my 15"... it's very, very nice.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

Hi guys.

I bought a Powerbook not too long ago and with my birthday coming up, my sister wants to get me something, but wants to know what i want.

The only thing I can think of is something for my Powerbook.

I was looking into those Crystal View display sheets that go over the screen to make it more vibrant, and also a wrist rug.

I just want to know what else is out there thats "cool" yet functional.

I already have a case and a mouse to use with the Powerbook (15" version).

I was thinking maybe some portable external speakers, a stand that the laptop sits on, or a firewire PVR device (portable though, nothing huge and bulky).

If you're into iTunes, she could get you an iTunes credit... then she can spend whatever amount she's comfortable with.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    well, she went to order the crystal film and wrist rug for me, but the site did not take american express, which is all she has.

she saw me looking at a cases and ordered me a bag from booq bags.

i'm going to order myself the wrist rug and crystal film, and eventually the icurve.

this is the one she got me: http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=87
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mikhail Tal

I got myself the Brenthaven bag for my 15"... it's very, very nice.

when i was searching for laptop bags, i was searching for a kessington (i think its how its spelled)... however the only place i could find it is online.. which led me to targus... its the exact shape saddle bag id liker it to be; but its similiar to my old shoulder strap bag, so its a familiar shape that im used too and its saddle bag:O) which i like