Audio Recording - PB 12", Line In, What Software???

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have some vinyl tracks that I want to get on to my PowerBook (ultimately my iPod too), so I will be running my turntable in to my AV amp, and out of the amp in to the line in on my PB (or I might use my M-Audio Transit USB). However, I can't seem to find an application to actually do the recording . I'm sure there was something in 10.3 that enabled this sort of thing, but I can't see anything in 10.4 . Should I just use GarageBand?

Thanks,

Dave.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    You could use garageband, no problem with that. Or you could get something like Audacity or Sound Studio. I think the latter might actually have some controls for reducing vinyl static noises, if that's important.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    hdcoolhdcool Posts: 48member
    im looking for something similar... soundtrack would be an option but kinda expensive
  • Reply 3 of 4
    danielctulldanielctull Posts: 586member
    Pay the £19 (whatever in dollars) to get QuickTime 7 Pro, it has audio and video recording (using iSight etc). Also audio passthrough and using an automater/iCal combination can setup timed recordings. QT7 is worth it for those two features alone imo.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    digitaldavedigitaldave Posts: 445member
    I had no idea QT Pro could do audio recording too! I guess I'll be buying a copy now . I'll give Garage band a try too though, and compare against QT Pro.

Cheers,

Dave.