Blackberry help please

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
There is no support on the blackberry support page. Or rather, it's not very good.

What I'd like to know is this:

How can I delete all the contacts in my blackberry. I'm getting duplicates and just want to start over. I've got all the contacts on my mac but can't figure out how to do a bulk delete on the BB.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    Unfortunately, the only way I've found to do a complete delete on the Device is using BlackBerry Desktop Manager on a PC (which offers the option).

The only other thing I would suggest is to backup your existing Address Book, then delete all the contacts. Then sync and accept the deletes (presume you're using PocketMac) and then re-import your Address Book and sync again...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    nirradnirrad Posts: 19member
    Ugh. What a pain. Oh well.

However, it seems like you know your way around BB. I'm kind of new at it. I actually have one day left before I can take it back and try something else. Would you recommend the Treo? I know Palm doesn't really do great support for mac anymore but, I don't know. Any thoughts?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    smatanovicsmatanovic Posts: 120member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nirrad

Ugh. What a pain. Oh well.

However, it seems like you know your way around BB. I'm kind of new at it. I actually have one day left before I can take it back and try something else. Would you recommend the Treo? I know Palm doesn't really do great support for mac anymore but, I don't know. Any thoughts?

The treo is huge and battery life is much worse than a BB. We have a BB enterprise server at work, so I am "stuck" with my 7100g, but I would probably still select the BB over the tro for size and for push e-mail.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Well the Treo 600, does not have WiFi or BlueTooth nor a high res-screen.

But....

It does work with iSync and .mac which is brilliant as you can keep multiple macs (Home and Office) and you Treo in sync really easily and it does work faultlessly. The other benefit of the Treo is there are hundreds of applications, (Sadly few free-ware anymore) some are enterprise strength. The lack of push is not a hindrance, you just collect using pop3 or imap and it will poll according to your settings, it is the way your desktop works! I am reluctant to "Upgrade" to the 650 because it does not sync with the Mac as well as the 600. (I don't know why Apple has stopped supporting new phones with iSync, it is such a waste of a good application unless..... it has plans for a phone of it's own).

No phone is perfect, but I don't believe that there is a better phone to compliment the Mac right now than the Treo 600.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    I agree that the Treo is a great, sexy little device if you want a 1.PDA, 2.e-Mail, 3.Phone device.

The traditional Blackberry is great if you want and 1.e-mail, 2.PDA, 3.Phone device.

And, the 7100t (or 7100g etc.) is great if you want a 1.phone, 2.e-mail, 3.PDA device.

It's about the priority.

There's no question that the lack of really well-executed sync software for the Blackberry/Mac is a source of frustration, but once you get past the initial setup of each the PocketMac software does a more than adequate job of traditional syncing.

I like the Treo, but opted against it because of my company's Blackberry Enterprise Server. The Treo and other 'polled' solutions are fine, but if you're out of office for a week and get 600 e-mails; you'll still have 600 e-mails marked as NEW when you get back, with the Blackberry and BES a deletion in one spot is deleted in the other etc...That, in addition to price, size, and phone functions led me to the Blackberry.

Look at the list above and decide what takes priority for you, that's the device you want...

Just my 2 cents...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    smatanovicsmatanovic Posts: 120member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sport73

The Treo and other 'polled' solutions are fine, but if you're out of office for a week and get 600 e-mails; you'll still have 600 e-mails marked as NEW when you get back, with the Blackberry and BES a deletion in one spot is deleted in the other etc...

That was enought for me. Add in the Treo's greater size and weight and the decision to go with the 7100g was easy.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    nirradnirrad Posts: 19member
    Thanks for all the feedback!

I decided to stick with the Blackberry. I've had it for a month and am very happy with it so far.