iBook running hot

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a G3 700mhz iBook, and this past weekend I installed an extra 512mb of ram to bring me up to 640mb and I also did a clean install of Tiger. I am now noticing that my iBook is running hotter. It has been this hot before, but it would never last for very long, it is uncomfortable on my left palm as I type. I have tried installing two different temperature guage software but they say they can't find any temperature sensors. Anyone else experience a hotter iBook either after upgrading their ram or installing tiger.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    cj171cj171 Posts: 144member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ringo20000

I have a G3 700mhz iBook, and this past weekend I installed an extra 512mb of ram to bring me up to 640mb and I also did a clean install of Tiger. I am now noticing that my iBook is running hotter. It has been this hot before, but it would never last for very long, it is uncomfortable on my left palm as I type. I have tried installing two different temperature guage software but they say they can't find any temperature sensors. Anyone else experience a hotter iBook either after upgrading their ram or installing tiger.

yeah, i had one of those and it did get quite warm, it seemed with more ram. also, maybe you have a widget in tiger that's taking too much cpu and not idling when dashboard isn't active, thus it's accessing the hard drive and cpu more