how can i make it so i'm not logged off of adiumx when my powerbook goes to sleep?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am the type of person who stays online all the time. I've been using AdiumX with my new powerbook G4 12". I'm connecting to the internet through airport extreme. How can I make it so that I am not disconnected everytime my computer goes to sleep/the screen blacks out? It's beginning to bother me, but there must be a solution. Thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by timf0ran

I am the type of person who stays online all the time. I've been using AdiumX with my new powerbook G4 12". I'm connecting to the internet through airport extreme. How can I make it so that I am not disconnected everytime my computer goes to sleep/the screen blacks out? It's beginning to bother me, but there must be a solution. Thoughts?

Putting the computer to sleep does just that. You can't stay connected to the internet once your computer is asleep. So I don't know what this 'I am the type of person who stays online all the time' is all about. If you want to remain the type of person who stays online all the time, don't put your computer to sleep. If the screen absolutely has turn off set it in the Energy Saver prefs.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    timf0rantimf0ran Posts: 17member
    Well, it goes to sleep automatically and then I am logged off. If I close the screen, will that force it into sleep? What about if I just leave it alone and the screen goes blank, is that "Sleep" mode? I guess I'm wondering if I can make it so that it won't log me off when the screen turns off. Can I change the settings so that the screen turns off but it's not asleep?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Quote:

Originally posted by timf0ran

Can I change the settings so that the screen turns off but it's not asleep?

Check the Energy Saver settings in System Preferences - there are separate settings for computer sleep and display sleep.