TV watching with Dell 2005FPW

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a dual monitor setup with two Dell 2005FPW's. I'd like to hook up my cable tv to my second monitor, so I can watch my adult swim while I play WoW. Is this possible via a rf-modulator type box, running my coax-cable into the box, and outputting video via s-video to my dell monitor's S-Video input?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    wingnutwingnut Posts: 197member
    Not sure if I know exactly what you mean, but you will need some sort of TV tuner in there. I'm pretty sure you can buy a TV tuner for monitors. It looks kinda like a cable box w/ remote, except it outputs to a monitor instead of a TV. Otherwise, you will likely need a TV-tuner card for your machine.

Your setup sounds pretty darn sweet. You should post a picture. I have a 17" widescreen Sony LCD with built in TV tuner & Remote. Wanna trade?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by maaaaark

I have a dual monitor setup with two Dell 2005FPW's. I'd like to hook up my cable tv to my second monitor, so I can watch my adult swim while I play WoW. Is this possible via a rf-modulator type box, running my coax-cable into the box, and outputting video via s-video to my dell monitor's S-Video input?

An old VCR would work...

Then there is the EyeTV unit... which will record to the hard drive also.

And there was a card from Germany I can't remember the name.