Macworld?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So was this years WWDC Apple's replacement expo for Macworld? Because I thought Apple would be at it this year. The dates say July 11-15. Is anything going to be released? What's the deal?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    hyperb0lehyperb0le Posts: 142member
    Apple hasn't been at MacWorld Boston since they moved it away from New York. They do MWSF, WWDC, Apple Expo Paris, etc now.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    That really sucks, since it's the only Apple event close to me. (East Coast)
  • Reply 3 of 6
    squinksquink Posts: 1member
    I went today, though I had no idea what to expect, I was kind of dissapointed. I may go back on thursday, to Macworld Boston.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Macworld Boston has shifted focus to workshops and such, away from the large expo floor of shows past. But as has been discussed, the expo days are numbered, in general.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    yeah, that sux.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    The great thing about Macworld Boston/New York in years past is that it more-or-less forced Apple to refresh its product line to some extent. Without it we have stagnation.

Look at the Mac Mini for example. Great little computer when it came out, but it was quite a low-end configuration on release. Now, 7 months later, it has not been updated at all. The stock RAM and video hardware isn't even enough to properly run the OS that is installed on it.

This, combined with other incidents, makes me really reconsider wether Apple's much vaunted OS/hardware integration is worth it, when this is not the first time that they could not be bothered to offer hardware that is 100% compatible with the OS that is released in the same year.