Anyone else not like Dashboard?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Marsh

Don't forget the Oxford American Dictionary/Thesaurus built-in to MacOS X and available in the Applications folder

And even better, from pressing Control-Command-D on a highlighted word in any Cocoa app
  • Reply 42 of 43
    estebanesteban Posts: 85member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

And even better, from pressing Control-Command-D on a highlighted word in any Cocoa app

And even better yet, you don't even have to highlight a word to use the OS' Oxford Dictionary. All you have to do is hover your cursor over the word and press Control-Command-D.

If you immediately release the keys, the dictionary pop-up stays on the screen until you click off of the word or the pop-up.

If you continue to hold the Control and Command keys after the dictionary pops up, you can move your cursor around getting definitions for any word that you mouse over until you release the keys.

At first, I thought this was just a little whiz-bang extra doohickey, like my early opinion of Tiger in general, but I actually use it quite often. 8)
  • Reply 43 of 43
    regreg Posts: 832member
    The only problem I have with Apple's dictionary is that it does not work in every app. I like it enough though that I put it in the dock for those cases when I might need it.

As for dashboard some days it gets used a lot others not at all.

The ones that are used a lot are - weather doppler, 6 day weather, package tracker, Yahoo Traffic.

I keep Version Tracker and ChessPuzzle up for general knowledge and fun. I also check weekly to see if there are any new ones that will be useful or neat to have. So all in all I give this app 2 thumbs up.

reg