Delicious Monster co-founder joins Apple interface team

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

mike is about the only person i have seen who, as steve would say, "gets it" with regards to what steve is trying to do with the apple interface. steve doesn't like... no, he HATES user interface "guidelines." steve attends the school of "i'll know it when i see it. why can't any of YOU see it?!?!" and i believe (and mike, feel free to blush when you read this) that matas is the "johnny ive" that steve has been looking for in software interface.

but mike, try not to bust out laughing when steve comes to your door at 4 a.m., soaked to the bone (even though it's not raining), holding a sunflower and saying "i just had a GREAT idea for iTunes 7! here, take a hit of this..."

Bahahahahaha

Well done Mike! :wub:
  • Reply 22 of 31
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Really? I thought (edit: assumed, i havent seen any of his early work) he was really talented from the get go. Hmm.. fork, maybe you're right. maybe I should NOT give up so easily on my stuff.

edit2: any links to his older work? i'll check out his blog...

A lot of people who are tallented from the get-go fail, it is how you can master your tallent.

A man may be a gifted carpenter, but if he hasn't built a house before, there is a bit of learning to do...

luck is 1%talent, 49%perspiration and 50%preperation
  • Reply 23 of 31
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

tallented

• Reply 24 of 31
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

mike is about the only person i have seen who, as steve would say, "gets it" with regards to what steve is trying to do with the apple interface. steve doesn't like... no, he HATES user interface "guidelines." steve attends the school of "i'll know it when i see it. why can't any of YOU see it?!?!" and i believe (and mike, feel free to blush when you read this) that matas is the "johnny ive" that steve has been looking for in software interface.

Hardly, Mike's designs are tacky to say the least and Ive is minimalism - the opposite ends of the scale.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    bronxitebronxite Posts: 104member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

Hardly, Mike's designs are tacky to say the least and Ive is minimalism - the opposite ends of the scale.

Ive was hardly a minimalist, Apple's design has only turned that way in the last few years and if you have noticed Ive is hardly in the forefront anymore and rarely takes credit for new hardware
  • Reply 26 of 31
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

hmm, i think "tacky" is a bit harsh. i'll refrain from any comments about blue lights in your pc case
  • Reply 27 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

tall-ended perhaps?

• Reply 28 of 31
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

CONFORMED

He was Michaelm8000 on the boards. Try make a search for him.

Nice job in "outing" him. This will only ensure that him and Mr. Jobs gets off on the right foot.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

Nice job in "outing" him. This will only ensure that him and Mr. Jobs gets off on the right foot.

heh. finally we actually got an AppleInsider actually on the inside now
  • Reply 30 of 31
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    He ain't no AppleInsider no more I'll grant you that
  • Reply 31 of 31
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bronxite

Ive was hardly a minimalist, Apple's design has only turned that way in the last few years and if you have noticed Ive is hardly in the forefront anymore and rarely takes credit for new hardware

Ive may have used bold colours for the original iMac and curved plastic but the essence of the design was similar to the Bauhaus movement: form follows function. Incidentally Ive took the credit for the PowerBook, PowerMac, iPod and iMac - all minimalist and all new!

Quote:

Originally posted bu sunilraman

hmm, i think "tacky" is a bit harsh. i'll refrain from any comments about blue lights in your pc case

Bit confused by your post - the Mac OS has been getting more curvy and translucent and less minimalist - but Mike's icons are truly tacky. Of course this is only opinion.