My NEW favorite thing about Tiger.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Ok kids gather round.

I was just reading at Macworld about this neat unknown (to me atleast) feature..

open up a browser window.. yeah its open already right? hover over any word and hold down control+command+d.. amazing right? yeah really amazing.. until you continue to hold that combo down and just start mousing around!

GASP!

ok back to work.

flick.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    uuuuuhhhh.... THAT's nice. Works in mail as well, maybe other apps also?

btw; have u tried ctrl+alt+command+8 ?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

uuuuuhhhh.... THAT's nice. Works in mail as well, maybe other apps also?

btw; have u tried ctrl+alt+command+8 ?

You broke my computer!!!

flick.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I am not in front of my Mac right now, so let me remember... Ctrl-Cmd-D is the dictionary applet, right? And Ctrl-Cmd-Opt-8 is the one that makes the display like a picture negative? I cannot remember what you call that.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by kwsanders

I am not in front of my Mac right now, so let me remember... Ctrl-Cmd-D is the dictionary applet, right? And Ctrl-Cmd-Opt-8 is the one that makes the display like a picture negative? I cannot remember what you call that.

Its Called "Mac Stroke."

flick.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Here's one for ya... go to somewhere you can type like the google search field and type part of a word, hit F5 and then choose from the list of word completions.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Endymion

Here's one for ya... go to somewhere you can type like the google search field and type part of a word, hit F5 and then choose from the list of word completions.

Wow that is a good one!

flick.