Mouse recommendations (and maybe keyboard, too)

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I was wondering what mice people are using for their Macs besides the base Apple one button one. I currently use a Logitech MX 1000 on my PC, and have been switching back and forth as I switch which computer I'm using. I'd rather not get a KVM switch. Instead I'd like to spend the money on componants that will eventually let me use the two independant of one another.

I really like Logitech mice, but it looks like I have one of the few that actually has drivers for OS X. I would like to keep it wireless, maybe even bluetooth. Are there any quality Bluetooth mice that work with Mac besides the Apple one?

And that leads me into my next question: How is the Apple Bluetooth keyboard? I have read some people saying that it drops out frequently. How bad is it? I'll stick with a wired keyboard if it's really a noticable issue. I'm just trying to keep as many of my USB ports open as possible since I have a Mini and have not yet gotten an expansion.

Sorry for the long post. I'm just a Mac newbie, and I'm trying to get some basic opinions on how I should start.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I'm using an MX 1000 with my G5 now.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Logitech MX518... wired but it rocks...

And as I was looking around I saw the new Logitech MX610 which looks beautiful. I also have the Mighty Mouse but it really takes some getting used to.