iMac 15" vs. Apple LCD Display 15"

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Can anyone who may have seen the two side by side, comment on any differences?

I know they have the same resolution, but is one brighter or have a better viewing angle?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by satchmo:

<strong>Can anyone who may have seen the two side by side, comment on any differences?

I know they have the same resolution, but is one brighter or have a better viewing angle?</strong><hr></blockquote>

not side by side, but in the same store,10 feet away. they looked pretty much the same to me.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Hello Mac's Girl!

Satchmo, When I get my new one set up next Tuesday, I'll take photos of it side-by-side with my office Cube and 15" Studio Display LCD..
  • Reply 3 of 7
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Is it just me or does the iMac's screen seem brighter?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    taqtaq Posts: 76member
    I think it's brighter too. I actually have to dim it. I've never had to do that to a screen! Usually the other way around. Great screen.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by satchmo:

<strong>Can anyone who may have seen the two side by side, comment on any differences?

I know they have the same resolution, but is one brighter or have a better viewing angle?</strong><hr></blockquote>

new iMac's screen is better IMO. The viewing angle, especially horizontal, is very very impressive and its extremely bright and crisp.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I don't know if I can properly explain this, but I think that the way the screen is "contained" actually makes it look sharper and brighter in many cases.

To me, the iMac screen's casing, plexiglass wrapper and it's "floating" appearance makes it look sharper. I think the color of the casing also helps to make the screen look brighter.

I know this isn't entirely the case, but after spending a lot of time with the iMac at Macworld, that was the feeling I got.

Just my 2-cents.

--------------

RosettaStoned
  • Reply 7 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by RosettaStoned:

<strong>I don't know if I can properly explain this, but I think that the way the screen is "contained" actually makes it look sharper and brighter in many cases.

To me, the iMac screen's casing, plexiglass wrapper and it's "floating" appearance makes it look sharper. I think the color of the casing also helps to make the screen look brighter.

I know this isn't entirely the case, but after spending a lot of time with the iMac at Macworld, that was the feeling I got.

Just my 2-cents.

--------------

RosettaStoned</strong><hr></blockquote>

i was thinking that too about the casing. i noticed that the larger casing around the 15" display makes it seem bigger than the imac's screen. honestly, i did like the imac's display better although i have no reason why.

hey did anyone see the $100 - $200 rebates on apple computers at amazon.com? too bad they wont let you use on a new imac since its "out of stock."