Eyetv dtt & wireless networking

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just got me a mini 1.42 with 80gb 512 combo and eyetv's new pocket digital tv thingy which is the bee's knees i have to say.

the only problem is that whenever i connect to the internet which is done wirelessly, eyetv goes into severe stuck mode. I mean the video goes black and sound has a complete fit. It's almost as if eyetv is getting it's signal over the internet instead off through an aerial!!!

What's going on?

I refuse to believe that the wifi is interfering with it somehow and cpu usage is down to around 40% with safari open. I moved the eyetv app to a faster HD on a firewire port but i get the same results.

Anyone have suggestions experience?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Update>>>

I think i have this one sorted now, It appears that the eyetv does'nt like sitting on top of the mini But also it doesnt like any sort of movement to the unit.

I have it sitting next to the mini but just below it and it now works seemlessly with wifi and all.

have to say though apart from that niggle this is one good performing tv solution, was a bit weary at first as i had the very first eyetv whch sucked. good buy if yur looking for one.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Hi,

i'm looking into that eyetv pocket-thing and have a few questions, how many channels do you get with dtt?

Can U also subscribe to channels?

Is there some information anywhere which lists broadcasted channels in a particular area?

Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by drazztikka

Hi,

i'm looking into that eyetv pocket-thing and have a few questions, how many channels do you get with dtt?

Can U also subscribe to channels?

Is there some information anywhere which lists broadcasted channels in a particular area?

Thanks.

hi there,

The DTT is for freeview chanels only and not subscription like Top-up TV.

The amount of these Free to air channels depends on your country, For example in the UK there currently 30 Free to air channels available, you get more such as Euro sport and discovery by using Top up TV or a Digital provider like Sky and cable. From your sig i see your from belgium and have found this link to get you started.