Mail 2.0.3 and .Mac Problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I seem to having some flaky access to my .Mac e-mail account from within Mail. My Other Pop account works great and seems to have no trouble. But when I go to check my .Mac mail, it just keeps showing that it is loading and eventually times out. Is anyone else having any trouble with their .Mac account from within Mail?

Should I try setting my .Mac account up as a POP e-mail account instead of a .Mac one?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MPMoriarty

I seem to having some flaky access to my .Mac e-mail account from within Mail. My Other Pop account works great and seems to have no trouble. But when I go to check my .Mac mail, it just keeps showing that it is loading and eventually times out. Is anyone else having any trouble with their .Mac account from within Mail?

Should I try setting my .Mac account up as a POP e-mail account instead of a .Mac one?

No. dot-Mac has excellent email support - there is a form you fill out on the dot-Mac support site and they get back to you very soon. The URL is

http://www.apple.com/support/dotmac/account/

Scroll to the bottom.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MPMoriarty

Is anyone else having any trouble with their .Mac account from within Mail?

My sister has been having problems connecting for a few days now.

She says that she keeps getting this error: The server error encountered was: The attempt to read data from the server "mail.mac.com" failed.

She can access her email account by using mail2web, but not via Mail.

Thanks lundy for the link. I'll try that.