iPod Video on Oct the 12th !!!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    m1cm1c Posts: 47member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

Just a quick question, do Sony not own the rights to all of the films they sellon UMD? Sure I heard somewhere that they effectively bought certain films to ensure they had something to put on UMD, but I may be wrong.

Yeah your wrong.. they already owned most of the movies that went to UMD, and also other film companies signed on to have there films put on UMD. I have a PSP and I have thought about buying a UMD movie but you can just by the dvd rip it and put it on your 1 gig card. That is something im sure the vPOD wouldn't be able to do, and for $500 I would just by another memory stick especially with how crappy a rev a vPOD would be. No offense to Apple but if you want a portable video player go with the PSP it has wide screen, over 150 movies out or coming soon, you can put your own movies on it very simple, also you can play some of the top playstation games and you can still play music and store pictures ans surf the internet, and guess what they did this all before apple did, only draw back small memory but that could be in the works as much as a vPOD is. by the wat no one is paying me to say this im not from Sony and I love apple computers.
  • Reply 22 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by M1C

Yeah your wrong.. they already owned most of the movies that went to UMD, and also other film companies signed on to have there films put on UMD. I have a PSP and I have thought about buying a UMD movie but you can just by the dvd rip it and put it on your 1 gig card. That is something im sure the vPOD wouldn't be able to do, and for $500 I would just by another memory stick especially with how crappy a rev a vPOD would be. No offense to Apple but if you want a portable video player go with the PSP it has wide screen, over 150 movies out or coming soon, you can put your own movies on it very simple, also you can play some of the top playstation games and you can still play music and store pictures ans surf the internet, and guess what they did this all before apple did, only draw back small memory but that could be in the works as much as a vPOD is. by the wat no one is paying me to say this im not from Sony and I love apple computers.

Thanks - I was kind of right then - sony own the rights to most of the UMD films. My problem with the PSP is, whilst it is great, and has a fantastic screen, it is too big to put in your pocket. If apple make a video player, I wouldn't want it to be much bigger than an existing iPod.
  • Reply 23 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

Thanks - I was kind of right then - sony own the rights to most of the UMD films. My problem with the PSP is, whilst it is great, and has a fantastic screen, it is too big to put in your pocket. If apple make a video player, I wouldn't want it to be much bigger than an existing iPod.

yes but with how the nano went would you want to put it in your pocket $500 dollars is not something I would want to have the chance to sit on. But you are right I usually hold it or it does fit nicely in my back pack also I am playing it 24/7 so not really a time to put it in my pocket.
  • Reply 24 of 38
    I would want an iPod capable of playing movies on my TV, not on-screen.
  • Reply 25 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

I would want an iPod capable of playing movies on my TV, not on-screen.

so you would want a way to send video to your tv like a media center computer or what some one said a airport AV which I would say would be about $200 not a $500 vPOD
  • Reply 26 of 38
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    At the end of the Nano introduction, Steve says, "Bye,Bye. See you soon." It was cut out of the Quicktime edition but was reported by Engadget in their live coverage. I definitely thought it was a hint.
  • Reply 27 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by M1C

so you would want a way to send video to your tv like a media center computer or what some one said a airport AV which I would say would be about $200 not a $500 vPOD

That would also be awesome, but actually I was thinking about something as simple as using the dock, just like you do now with photos.
  • Reply 28 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

That would also be awesome, but actually I was thinking about something as simple as using the dock, just like you do now with photos.

That would be good what I was thinking too would be to have blutooth in the vpod so it actually becomes a controller to the airport AV and you can scroll through video and audio on your vPOD and then have it play on your TV
  • Reply 29 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by murk

At the end of the Nano introduction, Steve says, "Bye,Bye. See you soon." It was cut out of the Quicktime edition but was reported by Engadget in their live coverage. I definitely thought it was a hint.

Off course!!!

The vPod will have a built camera and WIFI!

It will double as a wireless videophone!
  • Reply 30 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by dutch pear

Off course!!!

it will?!? going back to rotarty phones i guess since all the vPod would have is a click wheel.
  • Reply 31 of 38
    sure glad power was out at the local mall where the apple store is else I would've bought an airport express a couple of nights ago, now just to wait and see. Here's hopin for APE A/V and iPod Motion/Video/vPod "See it anywhere"
  • Reply 32 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by dutch pear

Off course!!!

...and a built in projector, stun gun and convection oven ...it will be XXXtreme to the MaXX
  • Reply 33 of 38
    I still think that Apple next product anouncement regarding consumer video, would have to be some sort of Airport Express AV.... but, what about that rumored Apple Video Projector that Alan Gouger mentioned long ago at his avsforum?
  • Reply 34 of 38
    The new iPod will have 1 terabyte of space, a video player, wifi, and a phone. It will be smaller than the Nano yet do all this while making your car faster and your penis bigger. Wow!
  • Reply 35 of 38
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreggWSmith

The new iPod will have 1 terabyte of space, a video player, wifi, and a phone. It will be smaller than the Nano yet do all this while making your car faster and your penis bigger. Wow!

You underestimate the creative power of Ives.

V/R,

Aries 1B
  • Reply 36 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

My sources say, iPod 3D. It generates a holodeck-ish environment around you placing your right *inside* your favorite music video.

Trust me! My source comes straight from 1 Infinite Loop. Many bothans have died delivering this information.

Now,... let's see how reliable your source is compared to mine !

• Reply 37 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by alexluft

ok...

why oct. 12th?

why "something cool w/ video inside"?

I WANT PROOF, inseader...

I thought the the conference (can't remember the name, but has something to do with digital home...help?) was to be held oct. 14-16.

You now have your proof I gues...
  • Reply 38 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

The transparent videoPod

Many guppies and mittens died for me to be able to show you this.

Postponed to a later event ?