One suggestion to Apple.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Pls apply the TDK "armour" coating technology to the screen to protect for any future scratches!. Heck, do the coating for the WHOLE plastic surface. The stainless steel side is fine Just let that scratch.

Go get the license from TDK. They do this coating for DVDs that are 100 times stronger and scratch resistant. I am sure customers are willing to pay $10 or $20 extra for this protection instead of resorting to silly things like cases and wrappers to protect the device.

Happy Nano customer. In fact, so happy that I will pay THREE times for it. Hence, I am getting two more devices!!!.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nano2Gfteo

I am sure customers are willing to pay $10 or $20 extra for this protection instead of resorting to silly things like cases and wrappers to protect the device.

I doubt it. I think you'd find a lot of people actually like the cases and then there is also the confidence issue.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    spiers69spiers69 Posts: 418member
    Nano2Gfteo has a point.

if Apple advertise the Nano as being small enough to fit in your pocket (but you then find it scratches easily in there - even with the pocket otherwise empty), then perhaps they should have some kind of protection.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    eaieai Posts: 417member
    I think its a conspiracy to sell more ipod addons. If they sell more addons, they encourage the addon industry which in turn makes more addons, which in turn makes the iPod more popular and in turn, locks the consumer into using an iPod (because all their addons don't work with another mp3 player).