Music FAQ

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
1. Any recommendations for less commercial stuff than the iTunes site for music?

2. I'm not doing something right and the sound quality of ripped music I'm getting isn't that good. How do I maximise the ripping quality for music?

Anyone out there getting near-audiophile quality from a powerbook?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    lupalupa Posts: 202member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Justin

1. Any recommendations for less commercial stuff than the iTunes site for music?

2. I'm not doing something right and the sound quality of ripped music I'm getting isn't that good. How do I maximise the ripping quality for music?

Anyone out there getting near-audiophile quality from a powerbook?

1. I'd have to suggest sticking with cds, mostly because iTunes has the largest library etc and I don't believe any of the independants have banded together and made a store yet...

2. What settings are you using (found under the 'advanced' tab in preferences)?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    Hi Lupa,

That's the disappointing thing about iTunes and iPods - it's not much use for downloading indie music.

When I check the size of the files, they work out around 24-35 MB per song track. In preferences, it looks like 'Lossless Encoder'.

Can I record music onto DVDs, or is it not possible to retrieve the data as playable music?