ROKR: The stupidity of Mot but mostly its customers

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Surprise to Mot only: The ROKR is not an succes..

But what is worse is this:

Quote:

'We got off to a little bit of a rough start,' Zander said. 'People were looking for an iPod and that's not what it is. We may have missed the marketing message there.'

He acknowledged that Motorola has failed to explain that the phone stores fewer songs than even the smallest iPod, but sells for the same price as an iPod nano.

FIrst of all it stores the same number of songs as an 512 mb iPod unless your music is encoded in less than 128.

Plus, does it look like an iPod to anyone? Its a phone. There will always be trade ofs like GADAWFUL Mot design.

People need to grow up and learn something about the products they buy before they do.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jedhajedha Posts: 24member
    people want a phone with 4 GB of music
  • Reply 2 of 2
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    hmmm... i'd like to think that consumers are smarter than that, but then again, the consuming populace (especially teens) always surprises me.

from my own personal perspective, i know that apple has accomplished a great feat of engineering with the nano, but with super-small devices like its predecessor the mini, and multi-function devices like the treos, wouldn't it stand to reason that expectations were higher for a device this long in the wings? also, motorola says that people were expecting an ipod instead of aphone... well, maybe if the ONE commercial i have seen for the rokr wasn't a direct rip-off of another ipod commercial, they wouldn't be in that jam (their commercial... celebrities cramming into a phone booth... recall the bands cramming into the back seat of the bmw for the ipod connector for bmw ad? and i think thatw as ostensibly an ipod ad, with bmw co-branding, no tthe other way around).