Will Apple debut Madonna iPod nano Nov. 15?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
iTunes has been promoting Madonna's new CD, it comes out tomorrow. I remember hearing rumors of the pink Madonna iPod nano a few weeks ago. Does anyone think this is going to happen? The pink iPod mini did sell well with girls, what do you guys think?

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2005/11/wi...d-nano-on.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Just a note about music pre-loaded on iPods. This is not plausable really. I would suspect a discount on the her entire collection tp be purchased via the iTunes music store. In addition with the smaller sizes of 2 GB and 4 GB, it is somewhat unrealistic to waste so much of the iPod's space with one singers music. And if they are pre-loaded, you can't get them off.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I hear ya on that , 4GB isn't enough space to hold a music collection. Maybe it'll just have her new CD on it, if it even happens. Do you think we're going to see a Madonna iPod though?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I doubt it'd be preloaded as there'd be no official way to get the music off your iPod and back to your computer's iTunes library. I think a Madonna iPod or iPod nano would sell reasonably well, although not as well as the U2 model.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    God. No.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    lol. Didn't I read this on Appleinsider and other sites a few weeks ago? I am not dreaming up the Madonna iPod nano, am I?lol. I know I read it here and other places.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1307

I knew I wasn't going crazy. lol
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

I think a Madonna iPod or iPod nano would sell reasonably well, although not as well as the U2 model.

I disagree. A pink iPod nano hits the spot for many people. Yes, U2 is more popular then Madonna, in fact, I like U2's music a lot, Madonna's not so much...

But it's selling point would have less to do with Madonna than the Color. Yes, this would draw in the number of Madonna fans out there, but also numerous people who like the color pink a lot, mainly the female audience. What this means for Apple is extra revenue for people who want a pink iPod, one that would be already very popular without the "Madonna" and price mark up. I certainly know people who bought the U2 iPod not because they liked U2 but because they liked the red and black.

In addition, did anybody think that maybe a potential Madonna iPod could be for both 4 GB Nano AND 30 GB Reg. iPod?

I quickly did a mock up in photoshop of maybe what a pink nano would look like:

• Reply 8 of 9
    I think that^ iPod looks horribly ugly with the gray click wheel and the white center button, although I'm sure an official one would have a pink center button and...maybe a dark pink or just pink click wheel.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by faxmachine11658

I think that^ iPod looks horribly ugly with the gray click wheel and the white center button, although I'm sure an official one would have a pink center button and...maybe a dark pink or just pink click wheel.

lol, yes, i agree, but I was lazy