locking computer

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I was wondering if there is anyway to lock my powerbook when i step away from it. Searching the help only told me how to enable a pw on waking/screensaver. What i am looking for is something like when you press cntrl+alt+del --> lock computer in XP/2000 (sorry for all the windows references in my posts but its what i've used for 10 years and only had the pb for 8 months and am still learning some tricks)

Thanks inadvance,

kernel

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Open Applications:Utilities:Keychain Access

Open preferences and check "Show Status in Menu Bar

Click the little padlock icon that shows up by the clock and choose "Lock Screen"
  • Reply 2 of 5
    thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    You can also engradge quick user switching, and then instead of using switching, choose "Login Window", and if your account has a password, your good to go.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Why not just activate the screen saver? With password protection, of course. In my case, just move the mouse to the top right corner...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    By the way, I might mention that they keychain lock method actualy uses the same screen saver look. It is the same function/feature and uses the same files to opperate, and if you look at the root, it will say "screensaver". And with the screen saver if you leave for say 2 minutes and forget to lock, it will do that for you.