Dissertation Survey

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Please take part in my survey!

Hi guys

I have just assembled this survey/questionnaire in flash for my final honours year dissertation.

I will complete my degree in 3 weeks time and this is part of the theory submission.

I am doing my research project/dissertation on CG character development methodologies.

I have knocked up this questionnaire to guage peoples reaction to various CG characters from different films.

I would appreciate if as many of you as possible could take the time to take part in my survey

The link is as follows:

http://www.streamerdigitalarts.com/R...ey/survey.html

Please note the survey requires that you have the flash 8 player installed but I am assuming that most of the guys on here are already on it.

Secondly please refrain from using any inappropriate language or profanity in your answers as I will be including these responses within my written dissertation.

And last but not least please note that once you submit your answers your email program will pop up with a new email containing all your answers. All you have to do is click send!

The whole survey should not take any longer than between 30 and 45 mins.

Oh and the window does not scroll back up after the movie clip pages just so you know it isn't the end of the survey.

If you do the survey just pop on a quick note to this thread so I can know how many people have done it.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this post and do my survey.

Cheers

Streamer

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Hasn't worked in either Safari or Firefox.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    I got it to start in Safari, but it looks like more of an open ended interview than a survey. Because it's so open ended and subjective with no control on the answers it's statistically useless as a survey. Not to mention requiring too much effort from the person being "surveyed" to keep their interest. Overall I would give it low marks on the survey creation aspect and I don't plan on writing someone else's paper.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    "I got it to start in Safari, but it looks like more of an open ended interview than a survey. Because it's so open ended and subjective with no control on the answers it's statistically useless as a survey. Not to mention requiring too much effort from the person being "surveyed" to keep their interest. Overall I would give it low marks on the survey creation aspect and I don't plan on writing someone else's paper."

Perhaps survey was the wrong word to use.

However the purpose of it is not to gain statistical information but as an exercise in quantitative research.

Perhaps it is more of an interview. I deliberately avoided asking questions with a definitive answer as that would be pointless regarding my thesis which is to study why we relate to characters. The purpose of this survey is guage peoples individual perceptions - not to fool them into agreeing with my hypothesis.

and I dont see how this is going to "write my paper" for me. This kind of research is a required part of my thesis but this is only a small factor in a very LARGE thesis.

I just thought I would clear things up and I am sorry you did not find this worthwhile.

Streamer