Safari & Yahoo mail attachments

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just upgraded to 10.4.3 and Safari 2.0.2.

I use Yahoo mail most of the time but since the upgrade I cannot attach a file to my emails.

After I've selected the file to attach and click on the "Attach Files" button I get this error message:

Safari canÕt open the page Òhttp://attach.re2.mail.yahoo.com/us....ts?YY=50587Ó. The error was: ÒPOSIX error: Invalid argumentÓ (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:22) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

This is a real bummer since I use Yahoo mail most of the time and need to be able to attach files. Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it.

Thanks,

Doug

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Problem Solved !

Before I upgraded to Tiger, I was using Safari 1.3, I had the Safari Cashe Folder set to READ ONLY since I have Broadband High Speed, 6MB, because I didn't want that folder ballooning out of control and eating up disk space. Apparently that causes a conflict with Safari 2.0.2. Returning the Safari Cache folder to Read & Write solves the problem. You can't use Safari Enhancer to deactivate cache either as the problem returns.

This seems like a bug to me. You should be able to deactivate cache if you want too without having major conflicts expecially since it worked fine under OS 10.3.9 and Safari 1.3.

Doug