Question for the Brits

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Sorry but it looks like it should be on rotten dot com
  • Reply 42 of 53
    The turducken may have been made famous by John Madden, who likes to show off a six-legged variety on Thanksgiving day [American] football games.
  • Reply 43 of 53
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    And then he yells "Boom!" and slams his head face first into it.

It's not exactly "It's a Wonderful Life" but, by God, it's Christmasy.
  • Reply 44 of 53
    Spotted Dick for all this Christmas

• Reply 45 of 53
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Thus quoth "Mr. Crappie".

Heh. Touche. I suppose I just don't make the association, since the word is pronounced as if it were spelled "croppy."
  • Reply 46 of 53
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I guess this isn't the time to go into my recipe for a festive holiday Shitake mushroom casserole....
  • Reply 47 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by Justin

No prob.s - digital images are everywhere - they look soooo antiseptic.

Christmas crackers are traditional crackers at Christmas dinners - kids love these! They require a helping hand to pull so it's all joint fun - when the cracker goes 'bang!', the contents are extruded.

Check out: http://www.marksandspencer.com/

this fine British store has a good range of luxury crackers - the hats come with it too. I like Marks & Spencer - their food range has got to be one of the best in the country

Don't forget, crackers are traditionally opened with pudding NOT the start of the meal. I get so aggrecated by people's lack of self control
  • Reply 48 of 53
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Justin

Check out: http://www.marksandspencer.com/

this fine British store has a good range of luxury crackers - the hats come with it too. I like Marks & Spencer - their food range has got to be one of the best in the country

I meant to ask...how does Marks and Spencer compare to a fine source of food like, say, TESCO?

All kidding aside: my wife and I found a ham and cheese sandwich at Tesco this past summer that we would often find ourselves craving throughout the day. Went well with a bottle of cheap Tesco red wine!
  • Reply 49 of 53
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr Skills

Don't forget, crackers are traditionally opened with pudding NOT the start of the meal. I get so aggrecated by people's lack of self control

What if you eat pudding at the start of the meal?
  • Reply 50 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by e1618978

What if you eat pudding at the start of the meal?

Er... well.. good point.. um... well I meant desert, not, like, Yorkshire Pudding or something and, um ...
  • Reply 51 of 53
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    Quote:

I meant to ask...how does Marks and Spencer compare to a fine source of food like, say, TESCO?

Heh. I used to think Tesco food was awful. They have a 'Tescoes Finest' range which is interesting - a bit too rarefied for my taste. With discrimination, they have some great items in their stocks. Even the newspapers recommends some of their free-range eggs over Sainsburys.

Marks & Spencer is quite special - there isn't much in their food range I won't touch. I've even tried some of their prepared meals which is very unusual for me - and look! I'm still here

We almost always pull the crackers at the start - otherwise we never get the Christmas hats on until dessert.
  • Reply 52 of 53
    yoboyobo Posts: 3member

I see that the convo may have moved on now, but I have always called the Cracker Crowns ... Just my family? :embarrass