Sunflow iMac to make a return?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nautical

For most people this is a non-issue since the task of replacing internal components fall upon Apple or a certified third-party vendor.

For most people that's a silly response, because hard drives go dead and should be easily replaceable. This means this machine has an effective lifetime of two or three years. That's bad design, there's no excuse for it.

Macs have typically lasted longer than PCs. I have a Sawtooth here which is on its third hard drive, and I've done the hard drive changes myself. Too bad Apple can't design machines like they used to.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    b3njb3nj Posts: 70member
    i liked that design.. it looks pretty cool.. the only thing i didn;t like was that shiney "bling bling" apple logo on the sphere.. it made it look a bit cheap

and yes .. the arm needs a comeback.. that thing is wicked! I would pay gladly the extra cash for it
  • Reply 23 of 26
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

For most people that's a silly response, because hard drives go dead and should be easily replaceable. This means this machine has an effective lifetime of two or three years. That's bad design, there's no excuse for it.

Macs have typically lasted longer than PCs. I have a Sawtooth here which is on its third hard drive, and I've done the hard drive changes myself. Too bad Apple can't design machines like they used to.

too bad apple is a company and like every company it prefers to sell you a new mac every 3 years instead of waiting 6 plus years for your sawtooth to become long in the tooth.

Quote:

Originally posted by b3nj

i liked that design.. it looks pretty cool.. the only thing i didn;t like was that shiney "bling bling" apple logo on the sphere.. it made it look a bit cheap

and yes .. the arm needs a comeback.. that thing is wicked! I would pay gladly the extra cash for it

wicked, sure... the iMac G4 almost became the next cube because of the extra costs that gadget added to it's price in combination with the tft so apple had to sell the education only eMac to consumers for additional sales.

no comeback, please.

dead and burried for a reason.

23" iMac instead, pretty please.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

You mean like they used to... a few months ago?

Here's all you had to do to replace a hard drive in the iMac before October.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    sunflower imac... god... no... pleeessee.

\

Hey what about asking for the lisa to come back?

• Reply 26 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Celco

sunflower imac... god... no... pleeessee.

\

Hey what about asking for the lisa to come back?

I owned an iMac G4, and now it resides with my parents. I still get goosebumps when i go home and play on it in the corner of mom's kitchen. It is so sweet to be able to swivel the display around to show to anyone. It is a fantastic computer and is unmatched today by ANY computer or independent display in terms of ergonomics. Its too bad it was so expensive to manufacture.