Do Apple Wireless Mouse/Keyoboard work on a Microsoft computer?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Seems there the best in the buisness, but I'm not sre if they'd work on windows. (I realise the mouse has one clicker, but theres a hack)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Not sure but I have a hard enough time getting USB keyboards to work with windows so using a Blue tooth one would be a nightmare I wouldn't want...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    I use both - although I prefer the powerbook (built-in blue tooth) with the wireless keyboard on 'discoverable' mode.

It's just utterly fantastic with the Powerbook. I lounge around with the keyboard all around home.

The PC is another matter - I couldn't get any of my Belkin PC wireless mice and keyboard to connect, so I ended up returning to wired keyboards and mice. I later found out that Belkin's wireless range isn't guaranteed to work with laptop PCs.

Can't say I've been bothered to even try and get the Apple wireless keyboard and mighty mouse to work on the PC - it's just not worth the hassle.

Sorry I can't be more optimistic. Get an Apple!!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Get an Apple!!

I'm waiting to see what Vistas like yet, if it's still shitty, then I'll get a Mac.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    Quote:

I'm waiting to see what Vistas like yet, if it's still shitty, then I'll get a Mac.

Report this post to a moderator

I see. I'm not looking forward to Vista - if anything, I'm looking backwards towards Windows 2000. I'm on XP and although I've had some serious crashes which crippled me reluctantly into buying an Apple initially. I regret holding off thinking Windows would improve. Not getting into Apples sooner was a mistake, although with a 1.67Ghz limit top speed powerbook, maybe not.

I still love my Sony Vaio running on XP. Sony get it so right with laptops (except the aesthetics). Since I got my Apple, my Sony is running happy so Windows XP isn't so bad...but Apple is really another luxury OS altogether.

Is Vista still going through its beta version?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Is Vista still going through its beta version?

Yep, new one released in February to the general public.