iPhoto Newbie Question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Having trouble printing pictures to 4x6 paper. I set the size of the picture to 4x6 in the standard set-up, then go to the advanced in the page setup section and set it to 4x6 borderless and then when it prints (now this might be hard to follow) it prints it on the 4x6 paper, but the picture itself is as if it were set to 4x6 on an 8x10 page just shrank proportionally... leaving me with a large border and a tiny tiny picture (almost wallet size). How do I set it to print borderless 4x6 pictures???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    It might help if you gave the make and model number of your printer.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    My bad. Its a HP Photosmart 2575 All-in-One.

I am able to print borderless 4x6 no problem using the HP software, but its a pain to go back and forth between the two programs.

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

It might help if you gave the make and model number of your printer.

• Reply 3 of 5
    I have a similar problem on my Canon Pixma MP450. When I try to print borderless 4x6 pictures I get about a half inch of white space on the two shorter sides. Easy to lop off, but it would be nicer to have, well, borderless pictures.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Ok, I'm answering my own question here, but I just found this solution for Canon printers. Hopefully it can work the same way for HPs:

Canon offers this answer:

To use iPhoto to create borderless prints, please follow all of the steps below:

While logged in as an Administrator, install Canon version 1.60 printer drivers onto your computer (with Mac OS X v10.2 or later as the operating system) and select the appropriate printer as the default.

Launch iPhoto.

From iPhoto, select and open the image you wish to print. (Please refer to the Apple web site for instructions on how to use iPhoto.)

When you are ready to make a print, select from the ?Menu Bar? ?File: Page Setup?. The ?Page Setup? dialog will appear.

Select the following settings:

Settings: Page Attributes

Format for: [Select the Canon printer you wish to use]

Paper Size: 4x6 [borderless]

Orientation: [Select the matching orientation]

Scale: [Select the appropriate scale]

Select ?OK? and the ?Page Setup? dialog will close.

From iPhoto, from within the ?Constrain? section of the browser window, select from the pull-down menu (i.e., the button directly above the ?Constrain? label) either ?4x6? or ?4x6 Portrait?. Then, using your mouse cursor, mouse-over the image and when the ?Cross-Hairs? are over the upper left-hand corner of the portion of the image you wish to print, click and drag from the left to the right in a downwardly diagonal motion, releasing the click at the end of the image selection.

Click the Crop button.

From the ?Menu Bar?, select ?File: Print?, select your options, then select ?Print?.

This selection, revealed in the iPhoto window will now print as a borderless, 4x6 print.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Seems like a lot of work to print borderless pictures