Mac Mini question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm wondering if I can put those miniature CDs into my Mac Mini without it getting jammed. I don't want to risk breaking it or else I would have already tried putting the disc in.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by frezal

I'm wondering if I can put those miniature CDs into my Mac Mini without it getting jammed. I don't want to risk breaking it or else I would have already tried putting the disc in.

Don't even think about this. It is not something specific to the Mac mini or the Macintosh in general, it is just how the slot-loading drives work.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Apparently not:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58641

I had assumed that the adapters would work, but probably not. There are adapters that you insert an 8cm CD into to make it work in slot loading car systems. I am not sure I would risk it.

edit: dang, beaten in the time it takes to find and write the answer.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    frezalfrezal Posts: 19member
    Thanks. You guys saved me from destroying my mini.

What made me think that it was possible is the fact that the Nintendo Revolution will be slot loading and will support mini and full sized discs.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    It must have some mechanism built in to stabilize the mini CDs once they're inserted. The mini, however, does not have that, therefore, stick with regular sized CDs.